We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will let you know how we handle the personal data you give us as well as how the law protects your privacy.
2. WHO WE ARE
We are made up of a number of companies, all forming part of the Mayborn Group. This privacy notice is issued on behalf of the Mayborn Group so when we mention “we”, “us” or “our” we are talking about the company in Mayborn Group responsible for processing your data.
The company in Mayborn Group responsible for data collected from individuals in this country is:
Mayborn USA, Inc
Address: 11th Floor, 1010 Washington, Boulevard, Stamford, Connecticut 06901
Telephone: +1 203 290 3212
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- If you have registered to receive our marketing emails, your: name, email address and the date of birth or due date of your child/children.
- If you have purchased anything from us, your: name, billing/delivery address, order history and receipts, email and telephone number.
- Details of your interactions with us through our customer services, for example details of any complaints or comments you make.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels.
- We may, where we have a lawful basis for doing so, also collect personal data about you from third parties who provide us with additional publicly available information about you.
4. WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- When you make an online purchase, or a purchase from us at a show or exhibition.
- When you register to receive marketing emails.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact our customer service team.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
5. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
To make our products available to you
We use your personal data to:
- process any orders that you make by using our websites, or at shows or exhibitions. This is to enable us to perform our contract with you.
- respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout.
- measure how satisfied our customers are.
We rely on our contractual arrangements with you as the lawful basis on which we collect and process your personal data when you make an order for products. We rely on our legitimate interests as a business when providing customer services and measuring customer satisfaction.
For marketing purposes
With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to:
- keep you informed by email about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on. Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us at any time
- administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter.
For administrative and internal business purposes
We may use your personal data for our internal business purposes, such as enhancing our site, improving our services and products and identifying usage trends. We may also use your data to monitor the use of our website and ensure that our website is presented in the most effective and relevant manner for you and your device and setting default options for you.
It is in our legitimate interests as a business to use your personal data in this way. For example, we want to ensure our website is customer friendly and works properly and that our products are efficient and of high quality.
For security and legal reasons
We use your personal data to protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account.
In some cases we will use your personal data because it's necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation (such as if we receive a legitimate request from a law enforcement agency). In other cases (such as the prevention of fraud) we will rely on our legitimate interests as a business to use your personal data in this way.
6. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We will never sell any of your personal data to a third party. However, in order for us to provide our services to you, we share your personal data with our trusted third party service providers and/or our group companies, as detailed below. Whenever we share your personal data, we put safeguards in place which require these organisations to keep your data safe and to ensure that they do not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes.
Examples of the sort of third parties we work with are:
- Delivery companies.
- IT companies who support our business systems and databases.
- Marketing companies who help manage our communications with you.
- Customer service providers.
It is in our legitimate interests as a business to work with these service providers since we may not have the capabilities to provide these services ourselves. In each case, we will ensure that the service provider is only allowed to use your personal data in order to provide the services to us and for no other purpose.
Other professional services
We may need to disclose your personal data to our insurers where we believe that it is required under our contractual relationship with our insurance provider.
We may share the personal data we collect with other organisations in the Mayborn Group where those other companies share various operations and business processes with us. We will do this in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, or because it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
Transfer of your personal data outside the EEA
We may need to transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) for example to the USA, in the following circumstances:
- Where you have requested a service which is fulfilled by one of our group companies which sit outside of the EEA; or
- Where we work with a supplier which processes some of its data outside of the EEA.
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We have procedures in place regarding our retention periods which we keep under review taking into account our reasons for processing your personal data and the legal basis for doing so.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
You have a number of rights relating to your personal information and what happens to it. You are entitled to:
- access personal data we hold about you;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data;
- require us to delete personal data concerning you in certain situations where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it;
- object at any time to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, normally by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in an email we have sent you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data; and
- otherwise restrict or temporarily stop our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we hold at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To make such a request, please contact us.
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can contact them by calling +44 0303 123 1113.
Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns (opens in a new window; please note we can't be responsible for the content of external websites)